Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bocce Overdose

Way too much bocce was played yesterday. We had a double header scheduled, and then a rescheduled game from earlier in the season. Plus, I got to the bar early and subbed in for another team. So that's 4 bocce matches yesterdays. And all but one went 3 games and were fairly hard fought.

My first game was subbing in for Solid Gold who played the Little Lassos. It wasn't in compliance with league rules (we only had 3 players), but most of the summer teams don't bother with the rules. I don't remember the score precisely, since it wasn't my team, but we won in 3 long games.

My second game of the day, and Joanie's first, was against The Mo I Bocce. We lost to them earlier in the season on a day when we let them play with only 3 players. Today, they had a full compliment of teammates, but still, for some reason, didn't play two people at each end. Anyway, it didn't help them much. We won 7-6, 7-2. Lisa and Abby played at the North end in the first game, Eric and Hugh at the south end. Game one was one of those games where every round is only one point. I came in the second game for Eric and we came out had a quicker second game.

Game 3 and 4 were both against If You Want My Bocce, who also needed a substitute from Solid Gold. We split. First match they won, 7-6, 4-7, 7-6. Second game, we won 7-6, 1-7, 7-4. I think. That's a lot of bocce scores to remember.

I went home and promptly fell asleep. Looking forward to having next weekend off. Go Joanie!

No comments: